Saturday, January 26, 2008

hug void

Lately I've noticed that I'm desperate for any kind of physical contact. Nothing that's not G-rated, mind you, but holding hands, leaning on other people, hugging, ruffling hair, patting on the back, things like that. I don't think I've touched another person since Christmas. At least, that's what it feels like. I'm starved for affection. I become one of those salespeople who plucks at your sleeve as they're trying to extoll the benefits of this or that bra, annoying the hell out of you. I just want a hug! Is that so much to ask?

Anyway, I'm off today to write for awhile. There's a few short plays I want to get down before they fly the coop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God do I know that feeling. And just about when I thought none would come, who else would provide the hug but the indecisive texter. Sometimes I feel like my life is a soap opera...