Monday, January 07, 2008

Baby/Date Pt II

More news on the baby front: Old friends are pregnant. Congratulations!


I'm not working today--for some reason the gods have decided to grant me a blissful three days off. But it's Monday, so I feel like I should accomplish something. So far all I've managed to do is finish "Harry Potter 7" and write a few emails. I'm trying to send out more resumes and applications for internships and things like that, but a part of me is resisting. I'm still waiting to hear from Madison and another job that I interviewed for. I don't want to get too many things floating around in the ether and then have to make a choice. For example: working two jobs and temping is unfun and hard, but at the same time, I can also say "sayonara!" and go visit Europe like I've been (sort of) planning to do in April. If I get a real job, that will go out the window. But if I don't get accepted to Madison, then I better have something real lined up or...

so I've been doing a lot of nothing.

I'm trying not to get down about what's happening in my life, but as I put away last year's journal I flipped open to April and felt like I was looking into a deja vu mirror. Temping, working on a show, wondering what's going to happen next. I'd like to do something productive, something different, but when or if that happens is just not on the radar yet. I know I must demonstrate patience (and take advantage of days off to write) but, damnit, I'm ready NOW. Let's go, let's go...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your ability to maintain a journal and a blog never ceases to amaze me.