Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cosette, your father is a saint...

For some reason I have "Les Miz" stuck in my head. Not the cool part where Javert is staring into the bottomless black pit that is his conscience, but the lame part at the end where everything ends happily. Lame.

I didn't do much of anything today, aside from work on my coat. I finally broke out my sewing machine, which sews like a dream. Truly, it is a work of art. I'm working on a jacket, patterned by Kwik-Sew, which is sort of like that brown one I have which is a military-style jacket. Today I worked on the little thingies that go around the buttons. I'm sure my learned costumer friends could tell me what they are, but to me they will always be a pain in the a$$. This is the problem with sewing machines: if you give a Nicki a machine, she will want to buy accessories. In this case, a hook to turn thin tubes of fabric inside out. The thingies probably took longer than anything else yet, but this jacket is going to look awesome. And I have enough fabric left for a matching bag, should I feel adventurous. Who knows?

I feel guilty about not doing anything "productive" today, but it was good to focus on a very focused project. I'm so burned out on looking for jobs. Tomorrow I'm planning on calling agencies, sending out more resumes, etc, but today I just felt the need to stay hunched over a sewing machine. It felt so good I applied for a technician position at Colonial Williamsburg...one way or another I WILL get hired there...

No comments: