Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dear Kevin Spacey,

I saw a clip of you this morning on the Daily Show, which I watched via the Internet. You mentioned how you've been in London for the past three years, but you watch the Daily Show (when you're not on it, I assume--or then again, do you?) on CNN International. My TV only gets 2 channels so I was wondering if I could come over to your house sometime and watch the Daily Show on your TV? I promise that I won't mention how disappointed I was--gutted in fact--that I wasn't chosen for the Young Vic's New Voices 24 Hour Play Project. Even though I was really, REALLY excited about it...I think that writing, producing and teching a completely new play in only 24 hours sounds really challenging and fun. I'm sure I'll get over it in a day or two. Hopefully.

Anyway, how are you? I see that you're doing the new Superman. That's great! I don't really like Superman, because he's kind of a goody-two shoes, so I'm hoping that you win in this movie. That would be cool. Lex Luthor rulz! I probably won't get to see it though, because I'm poor. Which reminds me, do you want to be in a play I wrote? I think that you'd be really good. As soon as I find a producer, a director and a theatre I'm going to start casting, and you'd be at the top of my list. What do you say? I'll forward you the script as soon as I finish it.

Anyway, I better go, I'm "working" on this "show" and the director gets a little excited if I don't email the designers about her "needs" every night. I'm sure you can relate! Have a good night, and be sure to say hi to Jon Stewart if you see him again soon--tell him I'm gonna vote for him in 2008.

Sincerely,
Nicole Lemery, MA Writing for Performance*

*in one week

No comments: