Monday, June 25, 2007

spazieren gehen

I mentioned earlier that I'm staying at a friend's house this week--I've been thoroughly enjoying myself, and I don't really want to go back to my own apartment. Lennie and her friends have been entertaining me in high style.

Friday night we went to see "Klimt" with John Malkovich, which was interesting. The movie concentrates a lot on Klimt's perception of reality, and it uses a lot of his imagery in the photography. Not so much storyline--the story made more sense after I realised that Klimt was suffering from syphilis and therefore was slightly insane. I liked it, but if you're looking for more information about that artist, you'd do better to look him up on Wikipedia. Saturday I went second-hand shopping, and I found a few new tops, and a new pair of shoes, all for $50. I'm wearing one of my new shirts today, but it's so hot I'm sweating right though it.

I was thinking this weekend that my life is probably a lot less interesting now that I'm living in the States and working a real job. Blogs are meant for crazy bohemian expats, not staid office girls. So I might not update as often, unless something terrific happens, or I get thinking about something. I don't want to write about my job, because that's professional, and there's not much else going on right now. So. Well, so if I don't update every day, just assume no news is good news, and don't forget I always appreciate the emails.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blogs are NOT just for crazy bohemians! My sister the quiet librarian is a rbid blogger! Maybe its just for the crazies.

Anonymous said...

True story, I wanted to go see Klimt on the date with you...

I'm going to it tomorrow though