Thursday, June 07, 2007

something interesting happened...

I'm employed! I was sitting around all day, waiting for the phone to ring--I was fairly certain that I'd gotten this job, but I wasn't one hundred percent until yesterday. Yay! I will be a marketing and proposal writer for an architchture and engineering firm. This is a proper, full time, 9-5 grown up job downtown in the Loop. Not very theatrical, but my boss is very cool, and seems supportive of me being a creative writer. So, yay. I'm so happy to finally have some stability in my life, and a real job that I can go to for the next...well, if I don't screw this up, for the next long while, at least.

The only bad part is that this will put the kibbosh on any traveling plans I have for the rest of the summer. So I guess y'all will just have to come to me.

Then last night I went out with a bunch of Point people--I was amazed at just how many former Point students have roosted in Chicago. Well, it is a great city for theatre. We went out for Mexican food and then out to Rock Bottom, which is a micro-brewery near downtown. Try the Brown Bear Ale, it's great. I had such a good time, especially teasing Travis and Sarah about getting married next summer--yeah, right, I'll believe it when I see it. It just feels very, very good to be back in the US, where I can be around old friends again. :)

Now today I'm very tired and headachy for some reason, and I need to go to the library and return some books...it's also 80 degrees out. Perhaps a trip to the beach is in order...?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats love!

Laura said...

Glad to hear about your job. I didn't have time to respond to your email but I was going to tell you to tell Travis and Sarah to take my quiz - only because I built a special answer into it just for Travis.

So jealous that you have a beach. Deva has a pretty nice city pool from what I've heard but I'm debating working on my tan this summer or not. At this point two years of effort have gone into looking this special vampiric shade of pale. - one was a year of living in Fargo - no beach for miles and miles...