Saturday, January 21, 2006

the sun! the sun!

See? I haven't forgotten my classic roots, even if lately I've been spending a lot of time in the 60s and 70s. :) Yesterday I had another yoga class, but this one went a little easier. The positions were easier because I knew what was coming, so now it's just a matter of getting that leg out a little further or bending over a little more. I remember this guy I knew in high school who was all gung-ho about going to the Citadel or some damn place where they made you hold your arms out straight and then put an AK-47 on your wrists and you had to hold it up until your arms dropped from exhaustion. There's a pose we do that is similar, the point being of course to strengthen our bodies and relax our minds, instead of training us to kill people.

Last night some friends and I went out to see a movie, but we got there too late, so we ended up going to Arbuckles, an "American-style" restaurant that served hamburgers, albeit with chips and salad instead of fries and "screw you, you're not getting a salad!" You could tell it was an American restaurant, because the first thing you saw when you walked in was a huge relief of Abraham Lincoln on the wall which made me laugh really hard. Nothing says America like Honest Abe, I guess. They also had a mural with a picture of Mount Rushmore, which prompted me to lecture on President Jefferson's hypocrisy for about ten minutes. Nevermind the fact that most of everything I know about the founding fathers has come from two sources: this book I'm reading, "Freedom Just Around the Corner" and the musical 1776. (yes, there's a musical about the Declaration of Independence, and I have it.)

Anyway, I now have some people here in London who read my blog, which means I can't complain about them anymore. Just kidding, guys! Welcome! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nicki's blog is getting famous! I like 1776. Hey, when you get back you might have to burn me a copy of Company because mine skips now.