Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How to Get a 35" Waist

Now that I'm signed up to do the evening programs, I get an allotment of girl clothes. So today I had my fitting. At one point the fitter had me in hoops and a gown that made me resemble nothing so much as a sofa, prompting me to ask "Where do I put my arms?" She replied "You pretty much rest them on your hoops." I grumbled at first when she pulled out a set of stays, but when she got them on me and cinched them up good and tight, I had a thirty-five inch waist. I couldn't breathe, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to tell stories, but damme I looked good, even if my hips were about three inches higher than I'm used to. I'll be getting a green and gold jacket and a cream-coloured petticoat eventually...more pictures coming soon, I hope.

In other news, Barack Obama has been officially nominated to be the Democratic presidential candidate. I didn't actually get to see the historic event, because I was out walking Kizmo, but I did get a replay on YouTube. But that's what happens when you become a new mom, I guess, your priorities change...ah. Seems so recently I was a young and fancy-free singleton...

No comments: