Monday, August 14, 2006

Post-Show Blues

Well, it's over. All the hurry and excitment of the last three weeks, full stop. Fin. Luckily Lisa was being a photo fiend last night, so you can see some of the company. I've invited everyone from the show to my blog, so you have you bear with me, loyal readers, if I indulge:

My roommates, who volunteered to help backstage and who were the true stars of the show!

Lisa and Matt as an Italian militia man

Jack as the Cardinal in all his red satined glory

Edmund as Fontana Sr.

The Luccani family-Roy, Denise, Will and Matilda-and Auntie Alison

Lisa and Will

Lisa and David

Lisa has a tough decision...Olly or Steve?

Lisa and Leander

Lisa and Mike

Olly, try not to look so happy you're going to Auschwitz...

The Swiss Guard costume that was onstage for--literally--30 seconds.

Susannah, our devastatingly gorgeous producer

Simon for Pope!
And finally me, your illustrious SM with my new haircut.

It was a really great show, but I am honestly glad it's over. Three hours of the Holocaust every night was enough to start making me lose sleep. I'm proud of what we did, what I did, and I'm feeling ready to work on another show. I spent Sunday helping to clear out the old sets and junk from the theatre, so now my legs and feet hurt almost too much too walk. Luckily I haven't had to do much walking today--sleeping until 2:30 will do that--but I did manage to clean my room. It took me nearly 30 minutes of "Caroline, or Change" to get the floor in my bathroom clean, but it was worth it. Strange how all of a sudden my life has gone from the bustle and excitment of a London Show! to sheer boring domesticity. Sorry. I am in the middle of purging. I'll catch myself quoting lines when I don't mean to ("would you like your uncle-doctor to give you a piece of cake? damnit...") and looking at my wrist wondering where my watch has got to. But then again, this is what theatre's all about: in the end--no matter what--you know it's going to end (unlike certain current political situations I could mention, grr...) and you get to enjoy it while it lasts. Magic Stephen Sondheim eight ball says: "And you're back again, only different, after the sky."

3 comments:

Chris said...

Nicki - I love the picture. I'm glad the show came to a sucessful end. Congrats. Wish I could of seen it.

Sarah said...

you look smashing darling and it sounds like the show was too!

Unknown said...

Hi! Where did you get the fab vatican guard costume from? Need one for a tv shoot...

Griff