Wednesday, August 16, 2006

drawing doodles, maccabees, bumblebees, christmas trees...

Yes, Flora, it is possible to be bored in London. I've spent the past couple days in my room, mostly sleeping, occasionally rousing myself to look up apartments or jobs. No luck on either so far. But I am starting to get carpal tunnel from clicking around so much. but mostly I'm bored. Bored, bored, bored, bored...ahh, I just fell asleep again. Damnit. For the past couple days a group of Communists have been meeting in our building, and they spend their lunch hour in the garden. This is usually what wakes me up. They're so cute--like a more political version of the garden gnome. Aw.

(Speaking of political, has anyone been to http://www.ahmadinejad.ir? It's the new blog of the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad...I visited, but I couldn't read anything. I suspect, in addition to hating Americans, Israelis, Westerners in general, freedom, toast, etc, Mr. Ahmadinejad also hates Mac users.)

But! Tomorrow I am going to be saved from the raft of boredom and the endless spiral of obsessive email-checking because I am heading off to the Edinburgh Festival, up in Scotland. Whoo! The Edinburgh Fringe is the world's largest and craziest theatre festival, and I am really, REALLY looking forward to going up there and seeing some shows as opposed to being involved in them. I just hope I don't get confused and end up backstage. I am going with a fellow Goldsmiths classmate, and our flight leaves at the crack of dawn, so I better get packing...I'm traveling light: just a few clean pairs of pants, a low cut top for attracting cute boys, drinking money and camera so I can take pictures in case I don't remember what happened...oh, oh, oh, I'm just kidding. I'm really going for the theatre. No, no, really. That's all, really. Really.

Have a good weekend everyone, and I'll update you when we get back!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Nicki-
Have fun in Scotland. I'm quite jealous. Can I hope to see pictures from this adventure posted??