Thursday, August 24, 2006

ah, no, I forgot, I don't speak French!!!

The parents and I are enjoying exploring London, but yesterday we decided to go to Calais (you know, where Emma Hamilton is buried?) and have lunch. Since Calais is in France, by the time we got the ferry schedule worked out, we actually didn't have time for anything else, but it was definitely worth it. Those were the best damn prawns I've ever had in my life. And French is a great language. There's not enough French in my life in my opinion. Calais is nice, but as it was the end of the season, a lot of places were closed down or closing early. And it was raining. Still, we had a good time. The ferry was very nice, which distracted me from the fact they are targets for terrorists, at least according to Michael Moore (ohhhh, BOATS), and the train ride down was beautiful. I love the English countryside.

Then today i had to take a vacation from my vacation so I could look at apartments and interview for a job. The interview went well: the gentleman told me that out of 400 applications they had shortlisted 50 and I was one of them--and if they like me I'll be "called back" (that's what he said, it's a theatre agency!) in about 10 days. 10 days!!!!! I need a job NOW!!!! I don't know what I need worse: A job or a place to live. "Dear Lord: I know I've asked for a lot lately, but PLEASE send me a job and a place to live. Love, Nicki. PS: And a boyfriend." The good thing is there are dozens of jobs and dozens of flats, but today is the day our internet provider finally figured out we haven't paid our bill in four months (not my fault!!!) and cut off our service. merde. So I'm actually at an Internet cafe near Trafalgar Square, before meeting up with my flatmate to go look at another place. Then I'm off to do laundry before mom and dad and I take off for Scotland tomorrow. Because, you know, I just haven't been to Scotland enough recently.

No comments: