Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I haz a headache

Yahoo has decided to take a break at the exact moment when I'm trying to email my resume to another theatre company, which is frustrating, to say the least. Whoever said that looking for a full time job is a full time job wasn't kidding. I wanted to be done with all this stuff by this point so I could go and work on a play, but instead I'm going to have to push the play back so I can study.

I read a story, a million years ago, about a princess in another country who had a magic wishbone that would grant one wish. And everyone was harrassing her about what to wish for--some people wanted her to wish that the king had more money, that her sisters would make good matches, that the war would end, that the baby (who had a black eye for some reason) would get better. The princess, being incredibly smart as most princesses in these stories are, wished for it to be a bank holiday about to m onths in the future. Suddenly there was enough money (because taxes were due), the war was over, the sisters had all married foreign princes and the baby was all better. That's kind of what I feel like right now: I wish it was about four weeks in the future so I would know about the jobs, have the GRE over and done with, the application for Madtown handed in, and have this draft of the play done.

Meanwhile, I gotta do something while Yahoo tries to load:

No comments: