Tuesday, February 20, 2007

on and on and on...

The show is great. We had first preview tonight and it looks great. Everyone was positive about it, which is really nice after all the long nights I've put in recently. Must get a picture of the set up. It's amazing--especially the floor moulding, which was cut and screwed by yours truly. But it has been very stressful. I'm not sure why since everyone was very prepared for this show and tech went smoothly. We techies have a common ancestry with sailors (maybe that's where it comes from) and all I'm going to say is a captain and crew need to trust and have faith in one another. Is all I'm saying. I'm glad the show is up, on its feet and getting laughs. Makes it all worth it. I only got one minor injury this time, and I'm embarassed that it's a wussy, British wound: a steam burn from the kettle as I made tea this morning. I'm so tired I've forgotten how to speak British: I was talking about cilantro yesterday for ten minutes before I realised the sound designer was giving me a weird look for not saying "coriander."

I think I may have also gotten a job offer in California...but I'm too tired to process words right now and emails are just beyond me. Bed, here I come.

2 comments:

Peter said...

That's my big sis, always getting the big jobs!! I really hope everything works out for you and you get what you deserve. California would be cool, we could visit you and Brenda's brother at the same time. How cool would that be. Awesome job sis!!!

Anonymous said...

"it" ?

today I was asked by someone in my group "so what does the stage manager do?" I promptly threw up so much information at her that I'm sure I scared her away