Sunday, February 11, 2007

How many people does it take to buy costumes?

Three if you're this production. Billie, Niki and I went shopping by committee in Camden, which was fun. We bonded and found a great costume--not sure how period it is, but the actress is happy with it, the director is happy with it and I'm happy they're happy. Now all I have to do is return the clothes I bought to Topshop and try to resist the siren call of this well cute little hat I saw when I was in there last week. I was unable to fight off the temptation today when I went past a bookstore today--I bought a book of photographs of Trafalgar Square. Four pounds! 'course it's going to cost me about twice that to mail it home, but come on! It's Trafalgar Square! Four pounds! A book! I have a legitimate addiction! I also found out our director's birthday is on October 21st, which is, of course, Trafalgar Day and the Day Nelson Died, as commemorated by countless paintings and etchings: Sudden Death + Instant Glory will be the title of the painting I'm going to do as soon as I get my hands on my art tank. It will be...ironic. I think I made Niki smile though as we were wandering around Camden Market and I kept muttering under my breath: "Fat people don't have discretionary income! Why would we make fun dresses in bigger sizes? Fat people don't want to wear fashionable, fun clothes! Your money is not welcome here, fat people! It instantly loses any worth it might have because you're fat, fat person!!" Although, I don't think I would be comfortable spending money in Camden anyway: most of the clothes are the product of third-world sweatshops and probably cost about two cents to produce. But, overall, a productive day.

3 comments:

Peter said...

HA I get it, No Drama in the Theatre! Brilliant I say, do it and see how many people get the homanym or whatever it is, I don't know english, just numbers. Brilliant I say.

Anonymous said...

See! See! This is why I have to stress out about packing 1 backpack full of clothes for March through May - how cold is it going to be? How warm? I don't know - but you're sure as hell going to have a tough time finding any clothing your size in Romania! Certainly no shoes and no pants for you, Fatty! Just walk around shoe-less and pantless until your parents mail you your extra clothes!

This is my cause of stress lately

Anonymous said...

Interesting!! I too love to buy different style of costumes from BuyCostumes...