Friday, January 19, 2007

cranky. need dog.

I’m also cranky because the humane society in Fon du Lac turned down my application for one of their dogs, suggesting politely that I might want to get settled first. Fair enough. But I don’t know WHERE I want to settle. After the temperate winters of London, I’m not looking forward to living in Wisconsin again, but I don’t know where to go. The huge fact that I need to find A Job, A Place to Live and a New Sense of Purpose in the next two months is overwhelming. I just want to put my head under the duvet. I don’t like starting over again. I just want to settle down somewhere and do my bathroom in a “Nile” theme. (and by “nile” I mean “battle of” not fruity palm trees and alligators) Is that so much to ask?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Puppy puppy puppy! The humane society just called. They want call you back but cannot decipher your hand! Husky lab mix? I hope you have time to walk such hyper dog. I'm so happy for you!

Chris said...

Hey Nicki I hear you on the trying to figure everything out in such a short amount of time.