Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bit of presidential news, another naval movie, some complaining & no sleep

If your secretary has stayed until 7:30 the night before to rush a project over to the printers as soon as it is finished you do NOT say to her the next morning as she hands you part one "Where's part two? It was finished last night, why hasn't it been printed?" You congratulate her for her dedication to the project and say you are confident that part two will appear before three pm when it is needed. You do NOT get pissy because it is in fact YOUR fault that your associate-director did not make the 100 page presentation priority 1. The noble, hardworking secretary has just clocked up two hours of overtime waiting for YOU to get your act together and now she is going to arrange four different sets of flights for four different people to the same city because she is awesomely organised and you, ahem, are not.

Walked into the house (at 8:10!!!) last night to a bit of good news. Two bits, actually. The first was a shiny copy of "That Hamilton Woman." So now I am the proud owner of a totally bootlegged copy ("starring Laurence Olivier as Lord of Horatio Nelson!")of one of my favourite films. The best part is that since I own a copy I can get some screenshots of all the breechy and non-period costume goodness.

Second bit of good news, which hazily penetrated my tired brain as I checked my email for the last time, was the fact that Barak Obama has created an exploratory committee to see about this presidential thingy. Wait, that was too Bush-like: I mean to say that he has formed an exploratory presidential committee to see if making a bid to become the Democrats nominee was feasible. He's expected to make a formal announcement on February 10th in Illinois. I'm so glad that he's running. I really like Barak Obama. I think he is a very smart person who has the best quality of all in a politician: the ability to listen to people. I'm so excited that he's going to run for president. I know I'M definitely ready for a young president who hasn't had time to become tainted by the process of gladhanding your way to the top. Most people say that his lack of experience will hurt him, I say it can't hurt any more than 8 years of President W did. I can't wait to see what he does with this campaign. For the first time in awhile I am excited about a candidate, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

More info

1 comment:

Laura said...

couldn't agree with you more. Do you know how much I would love the opportunity to vote FOR someone becaue I like them instead of AGAINST somebody I didn't like.

BTW - I think the next history book you read should be Power Faith, & Fantasy, a complete history of the United States dealing in the Middle East from 1776 to the present.