Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ink

The company I work for had free flu jabs yesterday, so I got one. I had to pull down my collar so the nurse could stick me in the upper arm, but she was nice enough to suggest I look away from the needle first. I looked at her, looked at my snitch tattoo and then said, “Go ahead—obviously I don’t have a problem with needles!”

Speaking of tats, it’s time for me to get another one. I am looking for an artist to help me design my tattoo, which I want to look like an eighteenth century engraving, about three inches by four inches. If you’re interested, send me an email and I’ll talk to you about the details, or pass this along to any arty friends. Since I want this to look good, I’m willing to pay for the design, up to fifty pounds. Hey, I’m commemorating my MA! Wait until you see my ideas for my doctorate!

Happy Hallowe’en!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm also thinking of getting a tattoo before I leave for the PC. It would be of Frith the sun god from the cartoon of Watership Down. I'm just unsure about doing something so permanent to my body when usually I'm all about being as close to the natural state as possible. then again for years when I was yonger I thought I couldn't ever get a tattoo because I was too fat and it was one of those "when you loose weight you can get a tattoo but you can't now because your skin is too stretched"
So getting a tattoo at this point in my life could also be about claiming and accepting my body - but I don't know. I think some of my Dad's old prejudices about tattoos peircings and anything permanent have seeped into my psyche.

Unknown said...

18th century engraving of a boat right? If you can wait a few weeks, I'll work on it during break. But by all means, if you find an artist you love--

Chris said...

Is a ship. I can't draw that well I'm just curious.