Sunday, June 25, 2006

Scene: An Underground Station

(A woman with a babystroller is standing next to a man in a yellow shirt and a Green Bay Packers hat.)

Nicki: (poking the man in the hat) Excuse me. (she gestures to hat) Are you from Green Bay?
Man: (looking confused) No.
Nicki: Oh. I'm from Green Bay. (helpfully) Wisconsin.
Man: Oh.

(behind them, a train begins to pull into the station. The woman smiles encouragingly.)

Nicki: Where are you from?
Man: Germany.
Nicki: Oh!
Man: I just like the Green Bay Packers.

(the train opens its doors)

Nicki: Well...go Pack!
Man: Go Pack go!

(they get on different carriages. The train pulls out of the station. The end.)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, I had no idea that there were Packers fans that far from Wisconsin. Werid. Thanks for sharing it though. How's the show going?

Laura said...

I'll never forget going into an Iris pub in Paris - and what was playing the Packer game and a Dave Matthews song. You can't escape!