Friday, February 10, 2006

yayyy!!!



Today was just like Christmas! I woke up and did some grocery shopping, and when I got home I had two packages waiting for me! yayyy!!! One was a box from my parents--all the bits and pieces that wouldn't fit in my luggage from Christmas, lovingly wrapped in a protective layer of chocolate chip cookies. yayyy!!! And the other one was Sweeney Todd with Michael Cerveris!!! yayyy!!! Unfortunately, he was not wrapped in a protective layer of chocolate chip cookies, but it is still a very good recording. I'm about halfway through it, so, full review to follow. yayyy!!!

"You know, I've always said what separatets a good eulogy from a great eulogy is the rhyme scheme. Anybody can eulogize A-B-A-B," but it's a speical kind of Sondheimian gift to go A-A-A-A."
-Jon Stewart on the Daily Show talking about the Rev. Lowry speaking at Coretta Scott King's funeral.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Chocolate chip cookies! Are they....homemade?