Sunday, February 12, 2006

Pounds of Rain

"Well, it changes every day, you see." --HP ...hang on...went to type in the "number" symbol and it's not on this keyboard. It's the £ sign... #...oh. Apparently in Britain you have to type alt-3 to get "#." The funny thing is, they have the $ sign on the number four key. Weird. Anyway. What was I talking about? Oh, right. Honestly, you spend one measly little hour on the internet, and the next thing you know you're looking at random photoshops like this one:



I spent all day yesterday in my room working on my dramaturgy portfolio. I have to hand in a 7,000 word portfolio on the 23rd, a first draft of my final project (or "dissertation" as I like to call it, to give me some "street cred" amongst my fellow masters degree "homies") on the 16th, and apparently someone wants to do one of my plays now, so I need to look at "The Glass Eye" again. This week is reading week, which means no classes, so I can sit in my room and write all day. And climb the walls when I get bored. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love to write, but when I write I need to have a little caffeine or something, and I can't have music or else I get distracted and sing along, so it's me...in a very quiet room...typing (or, more often than not, not)...with my heart speeding along because I've drank four cups of coffee...overwatering my plants and eating for something to do and wishing the stupid temperature would warm up so I could open my window and air out my room. I am having Hedwig rehearsals all week in the afternoon, so that'll give me something to do, and I've got a list of plays I want to go see. Including, haha, I know you all were wondering when I'd mention it, "Sweeney Todd" which is still touring over here. I also, just to really drive myself crazy, bought one of those "Tippoo's Tiger" paper models the last time I went to the V&A (they were on sale for #5, wait, £5) so if it keeps raining maybe I'll try putting that together. And you'll find me in a pool of coffee and paper shreddings in a week from now babbling on about Englishmen in India.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love that picture! Hahaha! I love that it's Balrog Dr. or whatever! Well played!