Monday, April 28, 2008

Feeling Rugged

Quick--what do Washington and Nelson have in common? That's right, they both defeated empires.

Washington had to use two hands though. Mostly because he didn't have Capt. Thos. Masterman Hardy to help him. Or make out with.

Since I spent all my monies on clothes last week I had to put off getting my hair cut (and dying it--which is almost more important, when you think about it, I have a reputation as a redhead to uphold), so I've been queuing it. Which is a lot like braiding it back into a ponytail, only you sing "Hearts of Oak" while you do it. And I realised, as I was biking home today that I probably look at lot like Nelson at his shaggiest, only more covered in mud.


The picture that looked most like him, according to Nelson

That's right, it's raining. Straight down. You know that scene in Braveheart where Mel Gibson comes and picks up whatshername with the stellar line "It's good Scottish weather, madam, it's raining straight down?" Yeah, raining like that. But, since I'm already soaked, I figured I might as well head over to the library and get some more books. I'll probably need a good supply for when I'm laid up with pneumonia.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ah yes, we who rely on our own two feet be they pedaling or pounding the pavement know getting caught in the rain all too well. However, I miss libraries...