Tuesday, April 29, 2008

At least I'm not stabbing myself with the blunt end of needles anymore

Do you ever have one of those days where everything you turn your hand to comes out wrong? Where your brain never kicks into "on" mode? Basically--where you're just dumb all day?

Yah. Today was like that.

Durrrr. I spent most of today trying to focus on simple things--like threading a sewing machine--while mentally exhorting myself to "focus, dammit!" I blame the fact that I forgot to charge my iPod last night, so I had no musical theatre to help me through the day. No one wanted me to sing the entire score to Les Miz--even though I could have!--and it would have helped me ever so much.

I'm chalking it up to having a bad day and trying to slough it off, but I'm sure y'all know how hard that is. Tomorrow we're having our company spring picnic which means: free lunch! And we get the afternoon off to wander around the historic area. I'm going to see the Governor's Palace, because I've never been. Although, if tomorrow is like today, I might spend the afternoon practising my buttonholes.

No comments: