Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Paradise Minocqua

My parents, sensing I might be upset about being unemployed, suggested that I go camping with them, so that's where I've been last week. I'm sorry I left without a word, and I appreciate all the supportive emails. We were planning on going to visit the southwestern part of Wisconsin, only it was raining there (as you may have heard) so we ended up driving north, north, north until we got to Minocqua and Lake Tomahawk. I love Minocqua, it's one of my favourite parts of the world, even though it was still pretty grey for awhile. We took a boat cruise on the Wisconsin River and saw bald eagles. And stopped in numerous taverns, which is the reason why I've eaten about two pounds of fried cheese curds in the past week. Love cheese curds. LOVE EM.

So I had a relaxing week, and a bit of a vacation, and now I'm back in Chicago, figuring out what the hell to do next. Why is it everytime I lose a job I have an existential crisis about what to DO with my LIIIfE? I've been looking for jobs and polishing up the ol' resume, also, writing, so at least I haven't been bored. More news when I get it.

Meanwhile, Alberto Gonzalez is "resigning." Interesting.

2 comments:

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Minocqua is one of my favorite places too (or I should say my aunt's house about 20 or so miles west of minocqua on hwy. 70). She lives on Pike Lake and it is always so relaxing when I go there.