Thursday, March 22, 2007

"And every day...Some go away..."

And I'm here in Wisconsin. Can't say "home" exactly, but I'm safe in my parents house, happily enjoying 50 degree weather. The trip was surreal, if uneventful. I slept on the plane for almost four hours (happily drooling most of the time--unfortunate side effect of sleeping pills) and then finished reading The Guardian. I thought I would be more upset, more emotional. I don't really feel anything, just sort of hollow. I don't believe that there's a whole cityful of people living and loving without me today. I'm a little numb, sort of going through the motions: I need to find an apartment, get my book together for this next show, go to the bank, get a dog, etc but I'll do all those things without going through Trafalgar Square or getting on a Tube. It's very strange.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

welcome home! I'm sorry you feel hollow inside, but you can fill yourself up with cheese curds!

Peter said...

Well, I for one am happy your back safe stateside. See you in a couple of weeks!

Laura said...

I wish I could have been there to welcome you home, honey! I'm sure you'll eventually readjust to your new life back in the U.S. just like one day in England you didn't wake up and say Oh yeah, I'm in England. and Oh yeah, I'm in Romania isn't always necessarily the first thought of the day anymore. (sometimes it still is.)
Miss you so much!