Monday, May 07, 2007

Peter is the Smart One


I had a couple dozen people tell me that I better put Peter's graduation up on my blog, or else I'm not going to get to come over and play with their new...uhhh...guinea pig. Yeah. Peter was worried that I would talk about going home for my coz's wedding and completely neglect the fact that he Took His Degree from the Moste Respected Michigan Technological Universitie. Which is silly: it's obvious where my priorities are, speaking as someone who has two degrees and no marriages to her name. Seriously though, Peter graduated on Saturday, and he's already got a job, and I couldn't be prouder. I always said he was the smart one. Way to go, bro! Congrats!

The other reason I went home this weekend was to see my cousin get married (for real this time), and to see my family. I loved being able to skip home for the weekend and see everyone, since that wasn't an option this time last year. The wedding was lovely, and the reception afterward was a lot of fun. I danced most of the night, and entertained everyone with my impression of "drunken Nicki." I was only sad that I had to hurry back to Chicago on Sunday because I had rehearsal. Mom, Dad and I stopped at The Brat Stop in Kenosha for dinner, however. Oh my. If you ever get a chance, stop at the Brat Stop in Kenosha. It's places like this that make Wisconsin great. If you ever come visit me from England, we're going to the Brat Stop in Kenosha. Part of me was horrified, and part of me was like "My people! I'm home!"

Today I'm back at work...I've got my fur up because Mickey Rooney thought he could kiss the Queen's hand when he met her. Which he most certainly can not!!! Let's lock him up in the Tower of London. If I'd have known what a prevert he was, I would not have seen "Night at the Museum."

Also, what is Monday without a bit of screwing around? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnRv4tz7qyo
Admiral Nelson on the Simpsons? ha-ha!

No comments: