Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bliss in Facial Tissue Form


I'm feeling much better today. My sore throat is gone and my coughing is nil and I'm actually being quite productive when I blow my nose, so that's nice. A few friends and I had a joke awhile back about the best part about being an adult...is being able to eat cookies and pizza WHENEVER YOU WANTED. Something you can use when the small annoying children in your life are too much: "Oh yeah? Well, you might be able to have a temper tantrum in the middle of the store, but I am going to walk out of here with a bag of Oreos! Jealous?!" But the best part about being an adult is being able to buy the Puffs with the lotion. Oh, I know--they're totally an unnecessary indulgence, and I was going to make do with the TP for the next day or two that my nose would be running, but, hey, Puffs were on sale. And that conjured up a vision of my mother insisting that she would tolerate no Puffs-with-lotion in her house, even though they are secretly my favourite type of facial tissue. And I felt a slight twinge of guilt that while I will buy Coke, Quilted Northern, or anything else that requires brand loyalty, here I draw the line. Ahhhh...blissful Puffs with lotion. How good you make my nose feel--to say nothing of my hands, which also suffer from dry paper products. Le sigh. It's good to be an adult.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I was just having a discussion the other day about how the joys of adulthood allow one to eat chocolate cake for breakfast. I would argue that sometimes Puffs with lotion is not an extravagance but a necessity, depending on how long you're sick. I recall all times I longed for some puff's with lotion because my nose was pretty much falling off. Honestly it was just hanging there, and by the time I bought the puffs there was an improvement but the damage was done.