Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Look what you've done

Wow, look at all the people who are getting blogs! I feel so proud, since I was the first one to take the leap. G. Sarah, Chris, I will add your blogs to my list soon, I promise.

I'm just stopping by quickly on my way home to enjoy leftover curry. Curry, in case you don't know, is one of the good things to come out of the British Empire. Along with Freddie Mercury. Then I have to work on my first two writing projects, which are due on Thursday. I'm not real worried yet--some of my classmates don't even have a first draft done!

So, I live in a hall with ten other girls, and as you probably figured, I have "difficulties" with some of them. One of the girls, M, in particular. We are polite to each other, but we have different goals for our time in London. She likes to party and buy clothes and go see rock concerts. I like to go to museums & theatres and drink tea and geek out about historical figures. I would party...it's just I'd rather party with y'all instead of strangers. So this morning, M is making breakfast as I enter the kitchy to get my morning tea and, in the effort of comradeship, she asks me if I'm excited about a cocktail party she's planning this weekend. "It's going to be a black and white party, and we're having martinis!" she announces cheerfully. I look concerned. "No!" I say, "Not this weekend! This weekend I'm busy--the new Harry Potter movie is coming out!" She just looked at me like I was crazy. And I had to laugh. See kids, it takes all kinds, and we must all get along and accept one another as best we can.

(Which is something I learned from Book 3, by the way. Have YOU got your tickets yet?!)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Really? I learned we must all get along from the movie X2 Mutants Unite! Before I saw that I was pretty sure Magneto had some pretty good ideas about kill all the humans before they kill you! After all - there is no land of tolerance. Wait a minute! Magneto tried to kill all the humans in X2! Screw getting a long! Kill the humans! Mutant Rights Now!