Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Nice work if you can get it

So I am taking a short break from packing to a) finish "Gone With the Wind" and b) try and figure out how to make my blog a little more interesting before I send the URL to everybody. Packing is going well, actually. Luckily my parents bought me the "Black Hole" model of Samsonite luggage, so everything I put in there is not decreasing the space available to pack. I suspect that will change once I throw in the complete works of Shakespeare. Yes, I'm bringing Shakespeare to England, just in case they don't have any copies. (I'm also bringing tea, but that's another story) One book I'm not bringing though is "Gone With the Wind" which is why I have to hurry up and finish it by tomorrow. I'm nearly done--Scarlett is on her second husband already. Last year at this time, when I read "GWTW" out in Boston, I simply went to the library and checked out a copy. It's comforting to know that no matter where I am, there will always be "Gone With the Wind."

but not shakespeare. shakespeare is a specialty item.

This blogging is more difficult than I thought it would be, and I haven't even done anything interesting yet. One question you may have is why I decided to call this "nickilovesdrama" and the simple answer would be it's right there in the title. I do love drama, in all its varied forms. Theater, yes, but also the little moments that make life more interesting. Takes this afternoon, for example, when I went to the bank and had some money exchanged. Watching my dollars be turned into pounds, now that was Greek tragedy.

No comments: